Who We Are and What We Do
Compass is a third-party administrator (TPA) that provides client companies with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing consulting services to ensure our clients’ plans are in compliance with DOL, ERISA, IRS, and other regulations. Our headquarters are in Stratham, NH, but our clients are nationwide in various industries and sizes. We are passionate about the use of technology and are always looking for more streamlined ways to perform tasks.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for talented Retirement Plan Administrators, Consultants, and Relationship Managers who will serve as the main daily contact for clients and be expected to help gather data, answer questions, explain testing and calculation results and conduct annual plan or fiduciary reviews. This will require effective verbal and written communication skills and someone who enjoys client interaction, not solely running calculations and testing behind the scenes. We need someone who can rely on their technical plan knowledge to effectively manage the ongoing client relationship.
What You Will Do
The Relationship Manager position is a client-facing position with an assigned book of business. You will work with internal and external customers including financial advisors, CPAs, clients, and others.
Specific tasks include:
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Provide data to the administration team so they can perform annual testing (ADP/ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
- Communicate failed test results to the client in a clear and concise manner to ensure the client understands the results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the corrections were made.
- Explain employer contribution calculations and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Ensure required projections, tests, and calculations are completed and presented to the client as needed.
- Ensure required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) are filed accurately and timely as required.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Work directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL/IRS auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as requested.
What We Offer
A competitive benefits package with a generous employer contribution towards premiums for Medical, Dental, and LTD as well as group pricing on Vision, STD, Life and other insurance plans. We believe in family first here and encourage employees to take time to rest, play, and recharge so we offer ample PTO time and holiday schedule. We support and encourage employees’ goals to further their education and pay for courses and testing materials for both NIPA and ASPAA. Our retirement plan offers both pre-tax and Roth contributions and a 3% QACA employer contribution.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at APPLY HERE.